School Development Plan
We are really pleased to share our improvement trend. Our school is now reported as being in the top 50% of all schools and in some areas the top 20%.
Our pupils have missed out on:
Relationships with teachers and peers
Direct Teacher input
Structure and routine
Consistency of expectations
Opportunities for conversation and discussion
Modelling and feedback
Summer 2020 data - not all children in returned in Reception, Year one and Year six.
as well as some curriculum areas
Our development plan for 21/22 is focused on ensuring all pupils are provided every opportunity.
School Achieved Top 1% in England for Reading in KS2
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES FOR 2020 – 2023
At Hazlemere Church of England our vision is to create a primary school that encourages its children to excel in all areas of the curriculum and uphold the school vision and ethos. We want to equip each child with the skills and knowledge to become a caring, confident and knowledgeable young person who has a passion for learning and achieving. We will do this by supporting, guiding and inspiring our children through excellent teaching practices. By working with our families we will create an aspirational school community in which everyone is valued and successes are celebrated.
‘To grow in Wisdom and Stature and in favour with God and People.’
Quality of Education
1. Continue to develop our creative ambitious curriculum from Early Years to Year 6 that equips our children for the future and ensures engagement, creativity and progression in preparation for their next stage in education.
2. Develop, implement and refine a robust assessment model to track pupil progress and wider curriculum outcomes ensuring all pupils achieve their potential.
3. Consistently provide excellent personal development opportunities through the creative curriculum and wider curriculum to develop childrens’ skills, knowledge, talents and interests whilst also promoting wellbeing and physical health.
Behaviour and Attitudes
4. Develop a strategic whole school approach to supporting pupils’ Behaviour and whole Wellbeing- physical and emotional.
Leadership and Management
5. Continue to offer staff high quality professional training and development linked with the strategic direction of the school, ensuring staff have the skills to effectively deliver a meaningful and aspirational curriculum that prepares our children.
6. Continue to be a leader of excellence fully engaged in teacher training opportunities.
7. Develop a strategic model to support staff wellbeing.
8. Collaborate with the Local Authority/Oxford Diocese to secure improved buildings and facilities that ensure pupils have access to high quality learning environments that meet the needs of our expanding and changing cohort for the longer term and to bridge the gap during this plan. Ensure all our pupils can access a school infrastructure that enables high quality learning experiences and ensures their safety and wellbeing.
9. School Leaders continue to hold staff to account for the planning and delivery of an excellent provision for all the pupils at Hazlemere Cof E School.