We are really pleased to share our improvement trend. Our school is now reported as being in the top 50% of all schools and in some areas the top 20%.
Focus for 2020/21
Key Issue 1: To ensure the continued highly effective practice of a broad and balanced curriculum which promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society and prepares pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibility and experiences of later life.
1. To support pupils learning and mental health and well-being in their transition back to full time school and Covid disruption recovery.
2. To continue to embed challenge, progression of skills and the levels of attainment and progress in all subjects (staff training & review of skills progression)
3. To continue to improve attainment and pupils’ achievements in all areas, particularly in reading, science, writing and mathematics (pupil progress meetings, subject leader development)
4. Ensure teaching gives enough time to different subjects for pupils to make adequate progress in each subject (new Timetable)
5. To continue to raise levels of attendance (working closely with families and new awards)
Key Issue 2: Improve the quality of teaching and learning
Key Issue 3: To continue to create a safe, calm, orderly and positive environment for school. To continue to embed clear routines and expectations for behavior across all aspects of school life.
Key issue 4: To continue to develop aspects of leadership, management and governance to secure positive impact for all our pupils.
STRATEGIC OBJECTIVES FOR 2020 – 2023
At Hazlemere Church of England our vision is to create a primary school that encourages its children to excel in all areas of the curriculum and uphold the school vision and ethos. We want to equip each child with the skills and knowledge to become a caring, confident and knowledgeable young person who has a passion for learning and achieving. We will do this by supporting, guiding and inspiring our children through excellent teaching practices. By working with our families we will create an aspirational school community in which everyone is valued and successes are celebrated.
Intention 1: Develop our Pupils knowledge and skills
To develop the appropriate subject specific knowledge, skills, vocabulary and understanding as set out in the Primary Curriculum, so that children can flourish, reach and exceed their potential academically, physically and artistically.
Intention 2: Develop the character and values of our pupils
To develop, pupils to have a holistic set of values that prepares them for life in the modern world in a diverse and ever changing community.
Intention 3: Develop behaviours and habits to become effective learners
To develop the behaviours pupils need to fully access their learning potential such as: concentration, perseverance, imagination, co-operation, the enjoyment of learning, self-improvement and curiosity.
Intention 4: Develop well rounded pupils
To understand spirituality in themselves and others. To develop social skills and to understand society. To build a firm set of personal values, and to engage in the culture/environment they live in and to understand the cultures of others.
‘To grow in Wisdom and Stature and in favour with God and men.’
Quality of Education
1. Continue to develop our creative ambitious curriculum from Early Years to Year 6 that equips our children for the future and ensures engagement, creativity and progression in preparation for their next stage in education.
2. Develop, implement and refine a robust assessment model to track pupil progress and wider curriculum outcomes ensuring all pupils achieve their potential.
3. Consistently provide excellent personal development opportunities through the creative curriculum and wider curriculum to develop childrens’ skills, knowledge, talents and interests whilst also promoting wellbeing and physical health.
Behaviour and Attitudes
4. Develop a strategic whole school approach to supporting pupils’ Behaviour and Wellbeing.
Leadership and Management
5. Continue to offer staff high quality professional training and development linked with the strategic direction of the school, ensuring staff have the skills to effectively deliver a meaningful and aspirational curriculum that prepares our children.
6. Continue to be a leader of excellence fully engaged in teacher training opportunities.
7. Develop a strategic model to support staff wellbeing.
8. Collaborate with the Local Authority/Oxford Diocese to secure improved buildings and facilities that ensure pupils have access to high quality learning environments that meet the needs of our expanding and changing cohort for the longer term and to bridge the gap during this plan. Ensure all our pupils can access a school infrastructure that enables high quality learning experiences and ensures their safety and wellbeing.
9. School Leaders continue to hold staff to account for the planning and delivery of an excellent provision for all the pupils at Hazlemere Cof E School.