Focus for 2019/20
Key Issue 1: To ensure the embedded highly effective practice of a broad and balanced curriculum which promotes the spiritual, moral, cultural, mental and physical development of pupils at the school and of society and prepares pupils at the school for the opportunities, responsibility and experiences of later life.
- To further embed challenge, progression of skills and the levels of attainment and progress in all subjects (staff training & review of skills progression)
- To further improve attainment and pupils’ achievements in all areas, particularly in reading, science, writing and mathematics (pupil progress meetings, subject leader development)
- Ensure teaching gives enough time to different subjects for pupils to make adequate progress in each subject (new Timetable)
- To raise levels of attendance (working closely with families and new awards)
Key Issue 2: Improve the quality of teaching and learning
- Take steps to ensure teachers are secure and consistent in the delivery of our ambitious curriculum. (presentation policy, Growth mind set- Learning powers, clear high expectations, book scrutiny)
- Secure highly effective teaching and better than expected outcomes (staff movement & targeted CPD & mentoring)
- Improve the quality of provision for spiritual development, including ensuring that acts of collective worship are more meaningful and purposeful (staff training)
- Ensure that pupils misconceptions are tackled and progress evident (formative assessment)
Key Issue 3: To continue to create a safe, calm, orderly and positive environment for school. To continue to embed clear routines and expectations for behavior across all aspects of school life.
- To embed high expectations of all pupils’ behaviour and conduct which is applied consistently throughout the school day. (pupil targets, non-negotiables, frequent pupil progress meetings)
- To continue to build and develop pupils’ attitudes to their education and behaviour ensuring highly effective learning and behaviour is the norm.
- To continue to develop pupils’ awareness, responsiveness, respect and engagement in the wider community, school, local and global.
Key issue 4: To continue to develop aspects of leadership, management and governance to secure positive impact for all our pupils.
- To continue to develop the quality of the school’s leadership and management, particularly that of the senior leaders, and also the quality of its governance (new SLT members & training)
- Ensure that performance management arrangements are fulfilled according to legislation (timetabled progress related targets)
- Targeted action to secure, monitor and support progress.